easyJet have opened their cadet pilot recruitment through CAE to get an MPL licence and fly the A320/ A321. Please see the below requirements before applying.
Requirements (taken from the easyJet /CAE recruitment site):
Programme Type: Multi-Crew Pilot Licence (MPL)
The Generation easyJet Pilot Training Programme is Multi-Crew Pilot Licence (MPL) is a competency-based training programme that is designed especially for easyJet. You will be selected and mentored by easyJet from the start of the programme. Your course includes aircraft-type-specific training on a flight training device, and full flight simulators. It is followed by Base and line training with easyJet. When you successfully complete the course, you will join easyJet as a co-pilot flying an Airbus A320 across Europe.
About CAE & easyJet
CAE has been delivering training equipment and services for easyJet pilots since 1995, in addition to developing professional pilots across its training network. In 2010, easyJet selected CAE as its launch partner for its Multi-Crew Pilot Licence (MPL) training programme. To date, CAE has trained and delivered more than 1,200 pilots through the easyJet MPL, Integrated ATPL and type-rating training programmes for the airline.
ATPL Phase: Theoretical Knowledge Training
- Learn the ATPL related theory knowledge across 14 subjects plus the new EASA subject KSA 100
- Classroom led computer-based training (CBT) and student led private studies
Duration: Approximately 950 hours
Location: Brussels, Madrid, or London Gatwick
Phase 1: Core flight training
- Learn how to fly solo in a single-engine piston aircraft
- Aircraft and simulator training
- Advanced Upset Prevention & Recovery Training (A-UPRT)
- Learn how to fly using instruments on a multi-engine piston aircraft
Duration: Approximately 100 hours
Phase 2: Basic flight Training
- Get the skills you need to be a member of a professional airline cockpit crew
- Increase your Instrument Rating skills, further improve your multi-crew operations and be introduced to training on a jet aircraft.
- Classroom and Flight Simulator Training on CAE’s latest technology Airbus A320 600XR FTD / 7000XF (Fixed based and Full Flight synthetic training devices)
Duration: Approximately 46 hours
Location: Milan, London Gatwick
Phase 3: Intermediate training
- Fly in a multi-crew operation in a high-performance, for transport category, jet aircraft CAE A320 fixed base/full flight simulator
- Learn the easyJet Airline SOPs and threat & error management (TEM) principles.
Duration: Approximately 76 hours
Location: Milan, London Gatwick
Phase 4: Advanced training
- Bring together all of your training experience with Line Oriented Flight Training (LOFT) scenarios and build expertise in pilot competencies
- Get your Multi-Crew Pilot license and A320 type rating for easyJet.
Duration: Approximately 28 hours
Location: Milan, London Gatwick
Investment & Funding
MPL Cadet Programme – (incl. accommodation & ground transport) €109,950
MPL Cadet Programme – (excl. accommodation & ground transport) €92,739
- All ground, simulator and flight training
- Manuals and approval documentation for the purpose of the MPL Cadet Programme approval
- All ATPL Training Theory manuals and other training manuals, provided on a portable electronic device in digital format
- All EASA Theory Exams
- CAE Fleet Standard Assurance
- Advanced Upset Prevention & Recovery Training (UPRT)
- Applicable VAT
- Flight Bag
What’s not included?
- Any travel other than mentioned above in “What’s Included”
- Class 1 Medical Initial & renewal
- Insurance for Loss of Class 1 Medical
- Accommodation during training with easyJet (Base & Line Training)
Need more information about funding?
Assessment & Selection
The joint CAE and easyJet selection process is in 3 stages as follows:
Selection Stage 1: Online Application
The CAE assessment team will review all candidate applications and check whether they successfully meet the entry requirements for Generation easyJet. Successful candidates through this stage will be invited to begin the Pilot Aptitude Testing.
Selection Stage 2: ADAPT Test
Applicants who successfully pass the first stage of the selection process will be invited to attend the next stage of the CAE selection, which will take place virtually or at a CAE location in Europe.
The assessment day will cover:
- Computer-Based Testing
- Pilot aptitude, including hand/eye co-ordination, motor skills and spatial awareness
- Academic, mathematical and technical capacity
- A multiple-choice test of technical reasoning
- A dynamic multi-task test
Selection Stage 3: Group Activity & Personal Interview
Stage 3 will include:
- Team Group Exercises
- Personal Interview
- If you meet the level required you will then be offered a position as an easyJet MPL cadet.
- Alternatively, you could still be offered ways to start your pilot training with the possibility to enter Generation easyJet after completion of your training.
* Depending on your nationality you might also need to pass a Versant English test
- Be aged 18 or over by your course start date
- Have the right to live and work with unrestricted access across UK, EEA, EU or Switzerland
- Provide official certificates that demonstrate you have passed the High School/Secondary School exams for Maths / English / any Science, along with 2 other subjects.
- Be fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Minimum height 5’ 2” (157cm) with maximum commensurate with Airbus flight deck requirements
- Able to obtain a Class 1 medical
Check out our other low hour pilot jobs.
kcthepilot.com has no affiliation with any airlines or companies and does not act as a recruiter. We simply want to share the latest low hour pilot jobs in one place that may be of interest to you.
Whilst we will do our best to ensure the accuracy of the latest pilot jobs at the time of posting – the positions may have since been filled or the role no longer available.
Kudzi Chikohora is a B737 pilot with around 2,000 hours flying in Europe. He holds a masters degree in Aerospace Engineering and is a chartered engineer and a member of the Royal Aeronautical Society.
Kudzi completed his pilot training via the self funded modular pilot training route and created kcthepilot.com to share pilot training and aviation content.